Cox's Harley-Davidson® of Asheboro Riders Edge
New Rider Course
- Friendly, enthusiastic Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) certified Instructors make learning a breeze.
- Classroom time gets you familiar with the bike, its controls and the inner workings of a Harley-Davidson dealership.
- Learn the basic motorcycling skills on the range with a Buell® Blast® provided by the dealership.
- Successful course completion may streamline your motorcycle licensing process and may help you get a discount on motorcycle insurance.
or Learn More
Skilled Rider Course
- Use your own bike (or a rental) and build your skills on a closed course rider training range.
- Enhance the following skills: control at low speeds, risk management, limited space maneuvers, cornering judgment, stopping quickly in a curve, swerving and stopping quickly, multiple curve maneuvers and surmounting objects.
- Successful course completion may help you get a discount on motorcycle insurance.
or Learn More
Life Starts At The Edge®
Welcome to Rider's Edge®: the Harley-Davidson Academy of Motorcycling. Whether you're a two-wheeled novice or a seasoned road veteran, we can help you take the ride of your life.
Combining the time-tested curriculum of the Motorcycle Safety Foundation® with the passion of Harley-Davidson, the Rider's Edge® New Rider Course offers hands-on instruction and real-road experience that can teach you the skills you need to get the most out of riding.
The New Rider Course
A proven blend of classroom instruction and range riding, the Rider's Edge® New Rider Course delivers the basics of motorcycle operation in Harley-Davidson style. You'll learn from devoted instructors certified by both the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF®) and Harley-Davidson to create a relaxed, supportive environment that fosters camaraderie and confidence. And after passing a written and riding skills evaluation, you'll receive an MSF® RiderCourseSM Completion Card that could exempt you from the written and/or riding portion of the motorcycle license test, as well as possibly qualify you for discounts on insurance. But more than that, you'll begin a journey that lasts a lifetime.
To take the course, you will need:
- To know how to ride a bicycle
- A valid automobile driver's license or learner's permit
- Jeans, sturdy over-the-ankle boots or shoes, full-fingered motorcycle gloves, a heavy long-sleeved shirt or jacket, protective eyewear, and a helmet that meets DOT specifications.
You'll be riding the 492cc Buell® Blast®, a light easy to handle sportbike with a rider-friendly design that will have you feeling in control.
The New Rider Course Costs
$195 per person, which includes the use of a Buell® Blast®. If you purchase a new Harley-Davidson® or Buell® motorcycle within 90 days after completing a Rider's Edge® course at Cox's Harley-Davidson of Asheboro, the cost of the course will be deducted from the purchase price of the motorcycle.
The course is 24 hours long, held over a four day period. Depending on the particular course, either a Thursday through Sunday or Monday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Friday All sessions are mandatory, so make sure the course fits into your schedule.
The class times for the schedule are as follows:
Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Monday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Enough talk... let's ride! Start your adventure today and register for our Rider's Edge® New Rider Course.
Call Kevin McPherson, Rider's Edge® Program Manager at (336) 629-2415 or Click here to send Kevin an e-mail.
See below and choose the link to view our Course Calendar and to sign-up online using our "Secure Application"